The Benefits of Using Worm Tea

  • Worm Tea will out perform chemical fertilizer. Increasing both plant size and yield. This is due to interaction of Worm Tea microbes with the soil microbes and protozoa, soil particles and the roots of the plant it self.
  • Worm Tea used as an inoculant for potting soil will suppress airborne pathogenic fungi that can Readily infect sterile potting medium. The organisms in Worm Tea also produce hormones, vitamins, nutrients, enzymes, amino acids and minerals needed by seedling cuttings and young plants. Inoculation should be done two weeks prior to planting.
  • Plants grown in soil treated with Worm Tea are healthier due to the symbiotic relationship between the plant and the microbes in the root zone. Plants feed on the microbes and the microbes’ produce or make available all of the food and medicine the plants need to thrive.
  • ·Plants grown in soil treated with Worm Tea are more nutritious than plants grown in soil treated with chemical fertilizer. The food value of these plants is increased due to the availability of minerals, vitamins, enzymes and amino acids
  • Worm Tea can remediate soil that has been damaged by agricultural chemicals. With repeated application the microbes will adapt to the soil, convert and metabolize organic and inorganic chemicals. They will also sequester heavy metals not required by plants.
  • Worm Tea can treat lawns affected with thatch, which is a condition caused by sterility. Worm Tea will repopulate the soil with microbes, enrich the roots and break down the thatch turning it into food for the grass.  Worm Tea applied to the soil improves water retention. Many of the microbes manufacture protective mucus that acts as glue to agglomerate soil particles. Microbial colonies also make bio-slime that is mostly water and is retained to protect the colony. The water retentive property of healthy soil can be 3-4 times greater than unhealthy soil.
  • Our Worm Tea includes powered minerals such as: granite, limestone, and rock phosphate, which have been through the gut of a worm and are then immediately available to your plants and will supply 95% of everything the soil needs. The other 5% is organic material applied as mulch or litter the soil surface.
  • The microbes in Worm Tea turn organic matter into humus, storing energy for later use. This is the basic unit of soil fertility.
  • The Microbes in Worm Tea feed other organisms in the soil food chain. Protozoa and nematodes feed on bacteria and fungi directly while worms ingest bacteria laden soil particles. All life in the soil depends on microbes, directly or indirectly
  • ·Worm Tea applied, as a foliar spray will act as a fertilizer. Plants will produce more foliage and larger stems. This is a good treatment for plants that are stressed or lacking enough sun.
  • Worm Tea applied to a compost pile will accelerate the breakdown of plant material reducing the amount of time to make compost. It can also be used to re-inoculate the pile after it has gone through its hot phase, which inactivates or kills many if the beneficial microbes, which continue to breakdown organic matter and form humus.
  • We sale both small (makes 32 oz.) and large (makes 128oz) Worm Casting Tea Bags